Our main aim is to make a positive difference to the lives of the children and young people, aged 7 -12 years living within and immediately surrounding the Mill of Haldane.
To achieve this goal we are specifically looking towards ;
· Providing opportunities for children to broaden their horizons and raise their aspiration.
· Encouraging confidence and self-esteem.
· Enabling the young people to have a voice within their local community.
· Rewarding commitment, discipline and positive social interaction.
To move the young people towards these goals, we set out the following objectives as a provision for the service we aim to provide;
· A variety of activities and workshops to positively engage young people including Arts, Culture, Community, Outdoor and Healthy Living activities.
· After school and holiday activities.
· A means to developing intergenerational relationships
· Trips and outings involving art, sport, culture, music and outdoor education.
· To work in partnership with local primary schools to support the young people.
Haldane Youth Services is a registered charity (SCO038681) delivering after school activities for children in P4 – P7 in the West Dunbartonshire area especially children attending Haldane, Jamestown and St Kessog’s Primary Schools.